Scripps Hall was built with a 1904 gift from Andrew Carnegie for the construction of a building for the university's library. The building was used as Ohio University's library until 1930 when the Chubb Library was built. After the construction of Chubb Library, it was remodeled for classrooms and offices. The Carnegie Library building was renamed Carnegie Hall in 1936. The building was completely renovated and expanded to include an atrium in 1985. Renamed "Scripps Hall," the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism moved into the building in January, 1986.
- Anderson Auditorium (Scripps 111) seats 90 students and is the largest classroom in Scripps Hall.
- Lasher Learning Center (Scripps 210) is used by faculty and students to facilitate a wide variety of learning and teaching activities, including the use of reserve materials, reference works, as well as the JSchool's Bloomberg terminal.
- The Bush Research Center (Scripps 218) is a dedicated research facility used primarily by graduate students enrolled in research courses.
- The ViDS Effects Lab (Veridical Information Detection Systems) in Scripps 017C is a dedicated research facility for experimental investigations that examine the effects of media presentations.
Sing Tao Center was built in 1996, and is named in honor of the Sing Tao Publishing Company of Hong Kong, China. The building houses a seminar room, a conference room, and faculty offices.
The Radio-Television Building was completed in 1970. The building's seven floors house classrooms, faculty and staff offices, television and radio studios, an auditorium theater, a newsroom and broadcast facilities (see below).
- The Roger Ailes Broadcast Newsroom (RTV 371) is a joint facility, used by both WOUB News and Athes MidDay.
- WOUB Newswatch (6:30 p.m.) and Athens MidDay (noon) both air from Studio B (RTV 5th floor).