Bridgestone announces Teens Drive Smart video contest
Bridgestone’s Teens Drive Smart video contest information, which is part of Bridgestone’s teen safety education initiatives, is accepting video entries until June 22.
Students, age 16-21, create a short automotive safety-themed video that encourages their peers to make better decisions behind the wheel. The top 10 videos are posted online for the public to vote on, and the three videos that receive the most votes win college scholarships: first place receives $25,000; second place receives $15,000 and third place receives $10,000. In addition to the scholarship, the first place winner will have his or her video air on the MTV Jumbotron in Times Square in New York during the month of August. Each Teens Drive Smart winner will also have the chance to have his or her video used as a public service announcement (PSA) on television stations across the United States.
· Videos must be 25 or 55 seconds in length.
· A panel of judges will select 10 finalists based on the following criteria: how well the video compels viewers to be more safety-conscious when using their vehicles and how well the video effectively and creatively communicates its message.
· The 10 finalist videos will be posted on www.teensdrivesmart.com in addition to YouTube, Twitter and Facebook on July 9. The general public will then select the top three winners through online voting at www.teensdrivesmart.com.
· Official rules with complete entry, eligibility and prize details are available at www.teensdrivesmart.com.
· Votes will be tallied and grand prize-winning videos will be announced on July 24 at www.teensdrivesmart.com
Entrants can submit their videos now through June 22 at www.teensdrivesmart.com and click on Video Contest.
- contact Isadora Blanche at 615.244.1818
- Link directly to this Scripps Note