Beverage Industry seeks intern
Beverage Industry is a national monthly trade magazine dedicated to the U.S. beverage industry from concept through distribution. Its coverage includes features on major beverage companies as well as in-depth features on retailers, restaurants, ingredients, warehouse and distribution. In addition to its monthly print publication, the staff also is responsible for the brand’s social media outreach, a weekly eNewsletter and website, www.bevindustry.com.
Beverage Industry is interested in working with a college English or Journalism major who can be available for an unpaid internship during the 2012 summer.
The staff is seeking a qualified candidate who would assist its editorial team with the following tasks:
- Update industry news and daily headlines on its website
- Assist with set-up and sending of weekly Beverage Industry Insider eNewsletter
- Help editorial team with monthly sections, such as Marketing, Last Drop and briefs in R&D, Packaging and Industry Issues
- Help editorial team organize calendar, association list and industry listings for its industry reference guide, the Beverage Industry Annual Manual.
- Assist editorial team in editing articles and pages during production in support of its mission to produce error-free issues
- As the internship progresses, we hope the intern would be able to contribute one or more published articles for the magazine
Beverage Industry’s editorial staff is based in Deerfield, Ill., and would like an intern who is available to be in the office at least part-time to work with its three-person editorial staff. In addition, the magazine’s focus area includes alcohol, so it is preferred, although not mandatory, to have a candidate who is of legal drinking age.
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter, resume and any published clips to: Jennifer Zegler, Editor, Beverage Industry, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Link directly to this Scripps Note