Kaplan Campaign Commitee seeks communications intern
The Kaplan Campaign Committee: Mike Kaplan is the Democratic candidate for the Ohio House of Representatives in the newly formed District 38 representing communities in western portions of Summit and Stark Counties. The Campaign Committee is seeking a Communications Intern. This position is immediately available for summer internships.
The intern will work closely with the candidate and his staff members to create their internship curriculum. Interns will work a minimum of three days a week, with flexible hours and the ability to work from home much of the time. Interns must have access to reliable transportation to attend staff meetings and campaign events. The campaign is headquartered in the Akron, Ohio area.
• Assisting the campaign with maintaining the campaign website, Facebook and Twitter sites.
• Preparing and distributing press releases, supporter emails and fundraising solicitation.
• Maintaining contact database for key contacts in media.
• Monitoring community events and scheduling campaign participation in events.
• Research and event support.
• Working with vendors on design and execution of print materials for the campaign.
• Knowledge of content creation for web-based communications.
• Knowledge of earned media and ability to write press releases and secure placement in local media.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
• Strong writing and proof reading skills.
• Strong verbal communications skills.
• Ability to gather and analyze information from a variety of secondary sources.
• Knowledge of web site development, architecture and navigation protocols a plus.
• Graphic design skills a plus.
• Good time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Attention to detail is a must.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you clearly specify your availability. Students wishing to obtain course credit should submit paperwork prior to beginning the internship and are responsible for fulfilling the requirements set by their college or university. All internships are unpaid.
- Link directly to this Scripps Note