George Washington Forum offers undergraduate fellowships
The George Washington Forum will award up to five (5) undergraduate research fellowships for the 2012–2013 academic year. The award winners will be mentored by select Washington Forum affiliate faculty members and will provide those faculty members with 6 hours of research assistance per week. The fellowships are each worth $3,500 and are open to students in all majors and colleges.
• Applicants must be undergraduates at Ohio University.
• Applicants may be enrolled in any college within Ohio University.
• Applicants must have a 3.5 GPA.
To apply for a Washington Forum undergraduate reserach fellowship, please assemble the following:
1. Completed application form (email contact listed below)
2. Undergraduate transcript
4. Letter of academic recommendation
5. Statement (1 page) of how the undergraduate research fellowship will benefit you.
6. Brief essay (2–3 pages) responding to the following excerpt from John Henry Newman’s The Idea of a University: ‘The view taken of a University in these Discourses is the following: That it is a place of teaching universal knowledge. This implies that the object is, on the one hand, intellectual, not moral; and, on the other, that it is the diffusion and extension of knowledge rather than the advancement.’
Submit all applications to Dr. Robert G. Ingram, George Washington Forum, Ohio University, Department of History, Bentley Annex 415, Athens, OH 45701. The application deadline is May 29.
- contact Dr. Robert G. Ingram
- Link directly to this Scripps Note