Advocates for Ohio’s Future seeks communications director
Advocates for Ohio’s Future is a statewide coalition of over 280 local and statewide organizations that works to maintain vital public services – health, human services, and early care & education – at a level that meets people’s basic needs and protects our state’s most vulnerable populations.
About the position:
• Full-time position with competitive salary based on experience
• Health insurance, including vision coverage and optional life insurance
• Paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave
• Employer matching up to 3% toward simple IRA retirement plan (after six months of employment)
• Work with the State Director and Communications Committee to manage internal and external communication and provide communication tools (in particular electronic communications and updates, action alerts, and social media).
• Work with Outreach/Field Committee to significantly expand the number and variety of member organizations and supporters; through communication and training, engage organizations and supporters in public policy advocacy.
• Manage the OhioSPEAKS project, story submissions, and the web content.
• Maintain a database of members with contact, interest, and engagement information.
• Work with the State Director to plan and organize training sessions, presentations, webinars, and related activities throughout the state to engage member organizations and supporters through communication and public policy advocacy.
• Work with the State Director and Communication Consultant on news releases, news conferences and press outreach.
• Manage social media communications, increasing AOF’s reach on Facebook and its relationships with statewide media contacts via Twitter.
• Working with State Director, provide staff leadership and support to selected committees, including communications and outreach.
• Attend legislative hearings and perform other lobbying/advocacy activities as needed.
• Demonstrable experience managing regional or state-level advocacy campaigns or building diverse and effective alliances and collaborations;
• Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to work collaboratively;
• Excellent communication (written and oral) skills;
• Based in Columbus with willingness and ability to travel extensively throughout Ohio; and
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, website management tools, and online networking and collaborative tools.
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is June 22, 2012.
- visit www.advocatesforohio.org
- Link directly to this Scripps Note